Emergency Help wit Rent

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
danni83
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Emergency Help wit Rent

Post by danni83 »

:x Im a hardworking 28 yr old female.Seeking rental assistance.I have a fulltime job.I live in Charleston,SC which is Charleston county.But I was faced with other issues,which resulted me needing help.I recieved a notice of a past due balance of $775.Eviction proceedings were filed 5\11 I have exactly tens business days to pay.Plz help
Last edited by danni83 on Sat May 14, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency Help wit Rent

Post by Admin »

What state and/or county? Most rent assistance is local, so if had that information I can provide phone numbers, etc. So without having that, my reply is general. Use this link to learn about rental programs, then use links off the pages to find phone numbers for your county, national programs, etc. The fact you have a full time job should make it more likely that you can get aid. Really explore the site as there are thousands of agencies and phone numbers listed on needhelppayingbills. Good luck, or reply with info on your location.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
danni83 wrote::x Im a hardworking 28 yr old female.Seeking rental assistance.I have a fulltime job.But I was faced with other issues,which resulted me needing help.I recieved a notice of a past due balance of $775.Eviction proceedings were filed 5\11 I have exactly tens business days to pay.Plz help
danni83

Post by danni83 »

I live in Ladson,SC which is Charleston county.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Got it Danni. Information on options and programs in your area is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cha ... grams.html
You can try non-profits and charities like the Charleston SC based Shelternet program (phone (843) 856-4125) which offers rent, mortgage, and energy bill assistance. Also just general counseling and advice is there too. Use the link to find scores of agencies and non-profits in that part of SC. The more places you call to ask for help the more likely you will get you need met.

danni83 wrote:I live in Ladson,SC which is Charleston county.
danni83

Post by danni83 »

Greetings, I contacted Shelternet,Salvation Army,United Way other local organizations.I had no luck.Does anyone know of any charities that help n the Charleston County Area.
SAlameda

Post by SAlameda »

I am in need of help to find someone or agency who can help me. My unemployment benefits have been exhausted and I am two months behind in my rent. Salvation Army won't help because I do not have a verifiable employer, Urban Ministry no longer helps with rent and I have tried my church, the only offer $200 and I need $794. On April 22, I have a court date for eviction, any advice or referrals you can offer will be helpful. If anyone else in my city or can use this help as well I will pass it on. We are living in trying times and I realize I am not the only person who needs help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have tried the Urban Ministry and those other groups, then just keep calling around. Maybe you will find some funds. Also, to get $200 from a church is very generous, as very few (if any) have that type of money. But here is more information on the Greensboro Urban Ministry services and programs.