Need Help Paying Utility Bills in Houston, TX

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
help6697
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Help Paying Utility Bills in Houston, TX

Post by help6697 »

Except for 6 weeks, I have been unemployed for 13 months and have no source of income at this time. I am and have been actively looking for work and apply for a minimum of 5 jobs/contract every day but so far nothing has turned up. I have 3 interviews scheduled for next week and hopeful that one of these will turn into work. In the meantime, I have about $150.00 in my bank account and that is for food and gas for my car. I feel super stressed and can't even sleep at night.

My roof leaks when it rains, which has been almost daily. In addition, my air conditioner pan has a heavy leak. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to fix these. My car insurance is due, and I'm not in a position to pay the insurance either.

Despite these, I am frantic when I think that all of my utilities will be turned off. My gas through Centerpoint Energy(for hot water & dryer) has been disconnected for about 2 months. My electric bill is late, although I've gotten an extension for my electric bill (through Gexa Energy) until 7/19. My water bill through Southwest Water Company is also due. My cell phone bill through T-Mobile and phone (through AT&T) bills are due and are in jeopardy of being disconnected next week. I need the cell phone to receive calls and regular phone line to search for jobs and respond to emails from potential employers, recruiters, temp agencies, and search firms via the internet.

I desperately need assistance paying these bills. Any suggestion that you have will be greately appreciated. I live in Ft. Bend County in Houston.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Help Paying Utility Bills in Houston, TX

Post by Admin »

In Fort Bend County Texas try these options for help with utility and energy bills.

Fort Bend Salvation Army can offer limited financial assistance for paying bills. Phone (281) 207-2500.
Rosenberg - Richmond Helping Hands, Inc. phone (281) 232-4904 offers numerous crisis and emergency programs and funding.
Fort Bend County Community Development Department (281) 342-7300 may also have some limited funding and cash assistance
Also call Ft. Bend Social Services 281-342-7300

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
help6697 wrote:Except for 6 weeks, I have been unemployed for 13 months and have no source of income at this time. I am and have been actively looking for work and apply for a minimum of 5 jobs/contract every day but so far nothing has turned up. I have 3 interviews scheduled for next week and hopeful that one of these will turn into work. In the meantime, I have about $150.00 in my bank account and that is for food and gas for my car. I feel super stressed and can't even sleep at night.

My roof leaks when it rains, which has been almost daily. In addition, my air conditioner pan has a heavy leak. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to fix these. My car insurance is due, and I'm not in a position to pay the insurance either.

Despite these, I am frantic when I think that all of my utilities will be turned off. My gas through Centerpoint Energy(for hot water & dryer) has been disconnected for about 2 months. My electric bill is late, although I've gotten an extension for my electric bill (through Gexa Energy) until 7/19. My water bill through Southwest Water Company is also due. My cell phone bill through T-Mobile and phone (through AT&T) bills are due and are in jeopardy of being disconnected next week. I need the cell phone to receive calls and regular phone line to search for jobs and respond to emails from potential employers, recruiters, temp agencies, and search firms via the internet.

I desperately need assistance paying these bills. Any suggestion that you have will be greately appreciated. I live in Ft. Bend County in Houston.
help6697

Post by help6697 »

Thank you for responding. I will call them in a few minutes.
Scarlett1

Post by Scarlett1 »

After being homeless for 2 years I finally got an apartment in Houston Texas but I am on SSI of $850 a month, and my rent just got raised $50, making it impossible for me to pay my utility bill. I have an overdue bill of $170 and am about to be shut off. I've been behind on this bill since I moved here a little over a year ago because I didn’t know I had to pay a deposit. If I could just get this bill paid off and start even, I think I can keep it paid up. I have copd and need to use a nebulizor daily. Can you tell me where to go or who to talk to about getting a grant or something to take care of this? Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you SSI is not high enough to keep up with the rent on a monthly basis, then you will need to look for a cheaper place. As no amount of aid will be indefinite, so even if someone gave you $50 what would you do next month? So here is information on programs in Houston and the county, and find more details.