need help paying electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
frake27
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help paying electric bill

Post by frake27 »

hi, im from cedar rapids, ia and have alliant energy for my provider. i recently lost my job and am having a hard time finding another one, however my electric bill is due and i have no way to pay it. can you help me find who in this area i should contact for help?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help paying electric bill

Post by Admin »

Alliant Energy in Iowa offers the Hometown Care Energy Fund. this utility program helps numerous recipients, including those who are older citizens on fixed incomes, families struggling with a job loss or medical problems. It can even provide funds and electric bill help for eligible people and families who are still trying to pay off last winter's high heating bills. Funds from the assistance program are administered by regional community action programs. Call the utility at 1-800-ALLIANT and ask how and where to apply at.
Also, here is much more info on different programs for Linn County and Cedar Rapids. Including where to get help with energy bills and other expenses.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
frake27 wrote:hi, im from cedar rapids, ia and have alliant energy for my provider. i recently lost my job and am having a hard time finding another one, however my electric bill is due and i have no way to pay it. can you help me find who in this area i should contact for help?
Nancyle1

Assistance with electric bill

Post by Nancyle1 »

To whom it may concern:

I located this website and would like to know if you can provide assistance or if you have any info on who we may be able to contact for assistance. I have a brother who is currently going through chemo for lung and liver cancer and also suffers from asthma and emphysema. He is on disability and currently earns about $1,100/month. His electric has been discontinued due to non-payment of his bill. Is there any assistance available in this situation? If so what information do we need to provide to receive the assistance?

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you again for any assistance you can give.

Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assistance with electric bill

Post by Admin »

What state or utility company? I need that info. However, in general, most utility companies will not turn off your power if someone is on a medical condition. Call them and ask them this question.
Nancyle1 wrote:To whom it may concern:

I located this website and would like to know if you can provide assistance or if you have any info on who we may be able to contact for assistance. I have a brother who is currently going through chemo for lung and liver cancer and also suffers from asthma and emphysema. He is on disability and currently earns about $1,100/month. His electric has been discontinued due to non-payment of his bill. Is there any assistance available in this situation? If so what information do we need to provide to receive the assistance?

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you again for any assistance you can give.

Sincerely,
Kenmac

need help paying electric bill in Florida

Post by Kenmac »

I live in Holiday Florida. I am a single mother of 2 wonderful girls ages 7 and 21months. I have been struggling since my Husbands murder 5-5-07. And my youngest Daughters father was deported 6months ago. I was working for a marketing company until I had 2 surgeries on my right hand. I am well now but finding work is complicated. I have been calling several places to seek help for my rent/utilities for a long time now and all I keep hearing is the same thing over and over (no funds) My elactric was cut off on 9-28-10. I PLEASE NEED HELP!!!! MY FAMILY CANT AFFORS TO HELP US OR THEY WOULD HAVE . CAN YOU PLEASE CALL ME BACK EITHER WAY.I have left messages all over town and I get no response. It is not fair that my next door neighbor recieved funds from the same place I was told NO FUNDS AVAILABLE. We both called back to back, and some how she got help and I didn't. I live on social security and that doesn't pay much.I just need to catch up. If you can help me and my children I would be VERY GREATFUL. Thankyou and God Bless
Admin
Site Admin

Re: need help paying electric bill in Florida

Post by Admin »

Here are a few different agencies, both government and private, to call in
Pasco County Housing Authority (phone (352) 567-0848)
Pasco County. Pasco County Human Services ((727) 834-3297)
Of course try the Salvation Army of Pasco County Phone (352) 521-3126
Any of these places may have some limited financial assistance for energy bills, rent, and other forms of assistance for people who need help.
They do also cover the Holiday Florida area too.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Kenmac wrote:I live in Holiday Florida. I am a single mother of 2 wonderful girls ages 7 and 21months. I have been struggling since my Husbands murder 5-5-07. And my youngest Daughters father was deported 6months ago. I was working for a marketing company until I had 2 surgeries on my right hand. I am well now but finding work is complicated. I have been calling several places to seek help for my rent/utilities for a long time now and all I keep hearing is the same thing over and over (no funds) My elactric was cut off on 9-28-10. I PLEASE NEED HELP!!!! MY FAMILY CANT AFFORS TO HELP US OR THEY WOULD HAVE . CAN YOU PLEASE CALL ME BACK EITHER WAY.I have left messages all over town and I get no response. It is not fair that my next door neighbor recieved funds from the same place I was told NO FUNDS AVAILABLE. We both called back to back, and some how she got help and I didn't. I live on social security and that doesn't pay much.I just need to catch up. If you can help me and my children I would be VERY GREATFUL. Thankyou and God Bless
Diego

Post by Diego »

I just started working as a waitress, my husband lost his job a couple months ago. We have Four children, aged twelve and under. I'm still training at my job, not making any money yet and the bills keep rolling in. Our electric is currently off, has been since last week and our kids aren't going to have a Christmas this year. Do you know anyone who could help my family? Thank you.
BeckyG

Post by BeckyG »

Good Evening:
I am here to ask a question. I am a DC resident that is looking for assistance with my electric cooling fees. I live in a apartment complex that is all my utilities is included in my rent. I also hold an section 8 voucher. I am currently employed part-time. And due to my pay scale I am unable to provide any extra fund.
I basically live from pay check to pay check, to pay my rent on a timely manner. My landlord is requesting the tenants to pay cooling fees, which is $35.00 per air condition unit. I have 3 air conditioners one in my living room and each one in my and my child room. We are both asthmatic, I do have some health issues. If there its any way that we can go without air conditions in our units without causing any harm to our health we can.
I am asking where can I get assistance to pay my cooling fee from May to September with the total of $520.00. You can verity that information from my rental office. Please direct me to assistance if possible. Thank you.