Credit cards maxed out

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Franklin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Credit cards maxed out

Post by Franklin »

I am disabled with monthly SSDI $781 & food stamps of $154 per month. I need help with rent, credit card debts, utilities, food & medical bills. I have survived by credit cards & help from friends but now I can't get anymore help from friends & my credit cards are maxed out. All my utilities are past due & my rent too. If only I could get monthly rental help & my utilities paid up then I can survive but I will be homeless soon without assistance. Help me please!Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Credit cards maxed out

Post by Admin »

We are partial to either non-profit credit counseling or debt settlement. Now only use debt settlement if you have the right terms from the company you work with. So no up front fees, they only charge you if they save you money, etc. They can help you address various debt issues, including credit cards. Here are some of the pros and cons of debt settlement programs and options.
Franklin wrote:I am disabled with monthly SSDI $781 & food stamps of $154 per month. I need help with rent, credit card debts, utilities, food & medical bills. I have survived by credit cards & help from friends but now I can't get anymore help from friends & my credit cards are maxed out. All my utilities are past due & my rent too. If only I could get monthly rental help & my utilities paid up then I can survive but I will be homeless soon without assistance. Help me please!Thank you.
bhnyc83

Post by bhnyc83 »

What are you tips for paying on student loans vs credit cards? My cards are pretty much maxed out too, and I also have a medical bill I'm paying on, in addition to rent, utilities, studnet loans and credit cards. What's the top priority here? What should I focus on to get back on track?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Try working with your credit card companies to deal with that debt. Many will reduce rates, provide abatement, waive fees, or come to some other type of deal if you ask for it and push them on it. The programs are known as credit card hardship programs. Basically a credit card company would work with someone so they collect some cash vs. seeing the person go bankrupt, in which case they get zero. That will give you room to address student loans.
bhnyc83 wrote:What are you tips for paying on student loans vs credit cards? My cards are pretty much maxed out too, and I also have a medical bill I'm paying on, in addition to rent, utilities, studnet loans and credit cards. What's the top priority here? What should I focus on to get back on track?