Domestic Violence

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Maggie69
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Domestic Violence

Post by Maggie69 »

I need help! I have to move from apartment because my ex-husband found me and my daughter. I have a permanent restraining order against him, but that doesn't stop him. I have a place to go, but I don't have enough money for both rent and movers. All I need is $300 and could be paid directly the company. I have tried ALL the charities/banks/credit unions and things around me, but they do not have any money (won't loan me any). Can someone please help us????
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Domestic Violence

Post by Admin »

What state/county do you live in? Are you sure you called all the local agencies? If not I would post some numbers on the charities, community action agencies if you provide that.
Another suggestion is you can get free legal advice for domestic violence issues if your income qualifies. Here is a resource for many firms.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... dvice.html
These firms and lawyers there may be able to direct you to the programs you seek for moving assistance, and provide free legal aid.

Maggie69 wrote:I need help! I have to move from apartment because my ex-husband found me and my daughter. I have a permanent restraining order against him, but that doesn't stop him. I have a place to go, but I don't have enough money for both rent and movers. All I need is $300 and could be paid directly the company. I have tried ALL the charities/banks/credit unions and things around me, but they do not have any money (won't loan me any). Can someone please help us????
Maggie69

Post by Maggie69 »

I live in Eastern Massachusetts. I already was sent a 6 page list from legal aid. I called all the places that applied to me. None of them (Salvation Army, United Way, ABCD,etc.) have any money. I have to leave SOON!
mickmcguire72

Domestic Violence and Husband left me with bills

Post by mickmcguire72 »

I have recently had a series of unfortunate events that has rendered my life a traumatizing situation. I am a science teacher, currently in a domestic violence shelter, fighting for custody of my children. I have an astronomical amount of bills that I have to pay. It is imperative that I be in an apartment by the end of this month so that on the next court date I will have stability for the children. Last week I did obtain a job in the Pendergast School District as a teacher. I will sign a contract sometime next week.

Last summer I reacted out of fear and left for home, Ga, with the children and my ex had me charged with custodial interference. Georgia had taken emergency jurisdiction and I was told by legal counsel that I did not have to return to Arizona. We were battling in both states. It turned out that I did have to return and I was fined 15,000.00 restitution set at $1000.00 payments to begin on Oct. 1st, 2010. Any assistance at all would be appreciated. I lived for 15 years in an abusive marriage and the abuse continues as he now uses the court system to continue to badger me.

Perhaps you can direct me in my attempt to find help. Thank you so much.
Denzell
anti spam: Blue

Post by Denzell »

I have a protective order in place on myself and my daughter as of March 2014 in Henrico County Virginia. I have to go before the Henrico County J & D judge on Monday. I do have witnesses to my abuse however they are scared to come forth. I have a statement signed by my mother in which she has witnessed my injuries.

I am currently using the YWCA as my advocate. She has helped me file the proper forms to Henrico County for Spousal Support, Custody and Visitation. My daughter has witnessed the verbal and mental abuse I go through on a daily basis. We are currently in a safe place and no one knows where we are. I am on disability due to PTSD from being sexually abused as a child.

I do not have the financial means to defend myself with an attorney at this time. My husband does have the financial means. When we go to court on Monday the judge will most likely issue a 2 year protective order on myself, not sure about my daughter.

I have been afraid to come forth with this information due to my husband has worked for Henrico County for 12 years and has many contacts there. I fear for my life and I have been threatened. I have had a rifle held to my head.

I am pleading mercifully for someone to legally represent me in the filing for divorce and custody. Support for me and my daughter. I need help in the worst way and I can not afford a retainer on a private practice. Thank you for your time. I have been married since 2004. Domestic Violence, Verbal and Emotional Violence has taken place from 2004-now.

The date on the protective order would serve has my legal separation date. Please advise me on what you can help me with or whom I need to speak with. I need help!!!